Sunday, January 26, 2014

Our First Date


January 26th, 2008 was Brian and my first date! And good thing too or we probably wouldn't have dated and got married! 

For those of you that don't know our history, Brian only asked me out for this date because he had put off finding a date and was down to the wire to find a girl for this big group date he planned! He asked me the day of, and since I had a big crush on him I said yes despite my better judgement about being a last minute choice. I only knew Brian because he and my older brother were friends and I'd see him occasionally when he and my brother would hang out. I remember always flirting with him and he would flirt back, but he never would ask me out! He claims that it was because it's typically uncool to date your buddy's little sister. So anyhow he asked me out last minute, only in desperation, but we ended up hitting it off and and before the night was over he asked me out again for the next weekend, and was clearly over the fact that I was his friend's sister. And as they say, the rest was history. 

Weren't we so cute? And young!


And if you're wondering, that is a rain gutter full of ice cream! So all the guys in this picture were some of Brian's single cousins at BYU and this was a tradition that their family had to limit the number of dishes to do (since there are about 60 first cousins on that side of Brian's family) at extended family functions when they were all little kids. Like pigs at the trough! A fun tradition though! 


No comments:

Post a Comment