Tuesday, January 21, 2014

James & his big boy bike

 James finally got his first real bike! We have training wheels on for now but I don't think he will need them in a week or two. But I do think James get his over-confidence from me and he goes crazy fast and doesn't have complete control and I'm afraid that he will wipe out! So the training wheels will be staying on for at least a little bit. 


(Ugh. And please ignore our super damaged wall thanks to the neighbors behind us that run water all day!)


We also used him getting a bike and helmet as a way to teach him about work and money. He had to do extra chores and work before he got the bike and then he helped pay for the bike and helmet. And he learned that hard work pays off, because he LOVES riding his bike! I have also been so grateful for him to have it because since baby girl was born we don't get outside as much as we used to and he really needs and wants that. So this bike has been so helpful with that because I can be inside with baby and all her needs and he can ride in the backyard. And then when Brian gets off work they venture out in the neighborhood so he's not just trapped in the backyard!


1 comment:

  1. Cute!! He looks so thrilled in the first picture, I love it. James is such a sweetheart, I'm so glad I got to play with him a little when we came to visit.

    ReplyDelete