Monday, October 1, 2012

Visit from Kara


We had some fun in Sin City (But of course there is no fun in sinning.)


Brian hating my PDA


My gorgeous friend Kara and her boyfriend came to visit for the weekend. I met Kara my freshman year of college at BYU. We happened to sit next to each other in a huge lecture hall for our GE physical science class. She turned to me and asked if I liked to party! Funny right!? I thought so and I never thought I seemed like the partying type, but I replied in the affirmative nonetheless. (I figured I am a pretty wild board game player and I sometimes stay up past midnight so that makes me a moderate partier, okay mild partier.) And we have been dear friends ever since. I hadn't seen her in over a year and a half because she was serving as a missionary in Canada for the church we are members of, the Mormon church. She just finished and returned back to the States for school. So she came to visit us and we had so much fun hanging out, eating, going to the Strip and playing lots of games. We "partied" pretty hard! We hope she comes to visit again soon!




We bribed James with food and a sippy cup of milk to behave and sit happily in his stroller. He thinks he is too much of a big boy to be in stroller now, but unfortunately he tries to run away. So obviously he was in the stroller most of the time. 

  
This was the first time James had fun going to the Strip. He LOVED the Bellagio water show. It really is amazing every time I see it! James was screaming and cheering. He would scream with delight when the water shot up really high and then turn to me and see if I saw it too. As a mom it was a pretty awesome moment to see my son get so excited about something. I have never seen him in such amazement and amusement. It was a fun moment we will have to capture again. 


James also loved the aquarium fish at Caesar's Forum shops. (Sorry the fish didn't show because of the flash.) He would squeal with delight and point to each fish that swam by. He is at such a fun stage of learning and exploring (and naughtiness) but I hope to never forget how much fun he is at this age.


I also went in to the Burberry store when we were at the shops because I saw the most amazing trench coat. I tried it on and I fell in love! It was so gorgeous and classic. The size was too big and I felt badly asking the employee to get me another size and then make her have to put both away when I knew I wasn't going to be able to drop $1,300 on this coat, at least for now! But I know what I want for Christmas in about ten years!




No comments:

Post a Comment