Monday, October 8, 2012

Sunday Afternoon

This weekend we had an opportunity to listen to the leaders of our church, including the prophet Thomas S. Monson. It was great to hear their comforting words and guidance for our lives. It was also great to spend the weekend with family and friends. This is a link if you want to know more about what we believe. Afterwards, we went an a short drive to the Las Vegas Mormon Temple to walk the grounds. It is always so beautiful and peaceful to go to the temple and I especially love to go as a family. 


Grandma came to visit for the weekend!


On the top of the spire is a gold angel with a trumpet that James loved to point at. (My iPod's lens isn't big enough to get the whole picture with James and the Angel Moroni so it's in two parts.)



Brian was helping James get a drink from the water fountain and it reminded me of a picture I had seen of Brian and his Dad. I love these father/son moments!



James loved the fountains and tried to jump in a few times and I was worried about having to go in after him because I was wearing suede boots! (And of course because I didn't want him to fall in!)



I found this amazing photo showing the spires of the Las Vegas Temple with a backdrop of the Las Vegas Strip. It is a pretty jarring juxtaposition.


1 comment:

  1. What a perfect Sunday :) I wish we could just hop on over to Vegas and visit for the weekend.

    ReplyDelete