Saturday, October 18, 2014

Pumpkin Patching

Today is the first day since about March that it has been in the 70's and even some overcast too! And since its starting to feel a little bit like fall, we thought it would be a fun and relatively cool day to go to a local orchard and pumpkin patch. I am a New York girl at heart and I love my fall season. And I especially love a pumpkin patch since my family owns one in upstate New York! 




I've been able to keep sporting the Baby Bjorn throughout this pregnancy to carry Christina but being 37 weeks it's starting to be a pretty tight fit with one baby inside and another on top! 



James had a hard time deciding on a pumpkin. I guess he has not developed his mother's severe decisiveness! His aimless wandering from pumpkin to pumpkin reminded me of my brother Douglas and something he used to say. It's like being a mosquito in a nudist colony. He knew what he wanted, he just didn't know where to start!


Brian and his Mini-Me!


The kids and me enjoying the hayride while Brian bought the goods (pumpkins, cider, and doughnuts). I am most excited for the cider! Baby Christina seemed to really like the hayride. I think she enjoyed the movement and bouncing around. She had been crabby most of the outing since she hates to be in natural lighting, but he are mean parents and make her be outside sometimes! When we got on the hayride she finally calmed down and stopped fidgeting and whining. It was a fun family outing and fun to finally enjoy some cooler weather. And probably one of our last family outings before Brian and I are outnumbered! 



2 comments:

  1. Looks like you guys had a lot of fun! We went to get pumpkins today too :). Thanks for the shout out but I got that quote from Grandpa VanDerwerken, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We went and got our pumpkins today, too. Nothing beats the schoharie pumpkin patch, though!
    I am slack-jawed at how amazing you look for being basically due. Can't wait to see the new baby!!

    ReplyDelete