Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Ups & Downs of a Two-Year-Old


Having a two-year-old is tons of fun! 

(Besides all the hitting and pushing that he's been doing lately. We've had to begin timeouts for the first time. He has to sit on the stairs for about a minute and if he's really naughty it might be two or three minutes. But what's funny is that he'll sit and sadly look at us through the bar railings on the stairs like he's a prisoner. And Brian and I have hard time not laughing, which isn't good for a suffering boy in timeout.)


He tries to dress himself. He hasn't been too successful yet, but he's getting the idea! He does know how to put his crocks on which is quite helpful when we need to get out the door. 


He is pretty good at feeding himself with not too much mess - also very helpful.


He is talking a lot more and he knows most of what we say. (But this comes with more accountability on James' part because I know that he knows what I'm saying and he sometimes deliberately disobeys.) It's fun to hear his thoughts and ideas. He also has been calling me daddy lately, I'm not sure if I should look into that too much. Other new things is that he will yell out "kiss" and he wants me to come over to him and give him a kiss or he will  yell "kiss" and come over to me. But these are romantic, on the lips kisses. Again I'm not sure if I should be worried or if he just loves his mommy! 

We really are best friends - I am so happy to be James' mom! But if anyone has any tips on how to unteach hitting and pushing, I would much appreciate some suggestions! 




1 comment:

  1. I think the hitting and pushing is a phase because Fae was abeast a few months ago and now she really isn't! But I did put her in her time out chair and she sadly sat there (like james) every time she hit. She rarely does it now, and her tantrums have subsided as well.. which is nice! James is so cute! Yesterday Fae put her shorts on all by herself! (backwards, but hey!)

    ReplyDelete