Saturday, August 13, 2011

Proof I Graduated

I am not very fond of graduations. I hate the crowds and all the formality and I didn't want to wait around all day in lines so I opted not to walk. My husband Brian made me take these pictures to prove to my posterity that I graduated from college. I agreed that I did need some sort of proof for all my hard work because both my mother and grandmother had children and grandchildren that didn't believe they attended and graduated from college. So I bit the bullet and went to take some pictures. I suppose I could have just bought my cap and gown on Craigslist and I borrow a tassel from my cousin for the pictures... Oh wait, that IS what I did!

I felt so silly in the gown and it reminded me of my wedding day because I felt so silly in my big dress with the veil and the jewelry and everything. On my wedding day I felt like I was dressing up for Halloween (a holiday I'm not fond of). I kept referring to it as my "wedding costume." So the graduation gown felt just as weird to me and I would only take pictures on a Saturday because then no one would be on campus and therefore no one would see me! Brian says that graduating is something I should feel proud of, but I can't help but feel embarrassed!

So here is the proof!





Here is a throwback picture of my high school graduation. Ironically the first things my husband found out about me before we dated were the awards I won at my high school graduation after he Googled me! (Creeper, right?) 




2 comments:

  1. This is awesome. Congratulations, Christina. It feels so good to be DONE with school, right? And I think it's so funny you felt like your wedding dress was a costume! That's hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Erin! It does feel really good, like a big weight has been lifted. All during school I would have nightmares that I forgot about one of my classes and I never went to it and I find the syllabus tucked away in a folder and the final exam is the next morning or the ten page essay is due at 8 AM or some variation of this. I thought after I graduated these dreams would stop, but last night I had another dream about failing a class. I fear these type of dreams will always haunt me!

    ReplyDelete