Saturday, December 22, 2012

James at 2.5 years old

Today James is exactly 2 and a half years old. And man, has time flown by! Last night I snuck (sneaked?) into James' room after I had put him in bed and I snapped this picture. I think it perfectly describes him at this age!


I love the juxtaposition of a bottle of milk and a sword (I'm afraid of what Freud would think of it...) He can be such a big boy in many ways, but still my little baby boy in others. 

Other things about James at 2.5 years old:
-He loves all things guns, swords, or otherwise weapon related
-He loves to be a helper--like when I'm cooking/cleaning or when Brian is doing any kind of project James wants to be right in the middle "helping"
-He loves riding his bike around the neighborhood
-Loves going on outings to Home Depot, Target, and Costco (and getting lunch or a snack when we go!)
-He hates going to the Post Office and in fact, he will tantrum when he recognizes the parking lot
-he loves going to other people's houses (he likes to explore and see people other than just me and Brian!)
-James loves In-N-Out Burger (Brian taught him well!)
-He can count to 3 and if you ask him how old he is he will say he's 3
-He can be very naughty in our church meetings and is usually bribed with food to behave and be quiet
-If you ask him what his name is he will say, "me" and point to himself (He will not say James, we've tried!)
-He can do simple chores and if you ask him to get something he probably will
-He likes to watch cartoons (With direction, we let him chose what to watch on Netflix and I always wonder how he decides because if you put the wrong thing on he will tell you. It is amazing how many preferences a little kid can already have!)
-He hits, tantrums and yells "NO" and this happens in public sometimes
-James loves to smell candles
-He likes to pretend eat play-dough, and only sometimes forgets to pretend
-When Brian gets home from work/school and the garage door open, James hears it and bolts out to the garage to greet Brian
-He loves gum, dried mangoes and the raw tortillas from Costco, banana peppers, and stealing sips of my Diet Coke!
-He loves daddy, but is definitely a mama's boy



1 comment:

  1. haha! I eat raw Costco tortillas too. Nate thinks it's sick. I heart James!

    ReplyDelete