Sunday, February 3, 2013

Nelson Update

It's been awhile since I've blogged -- obviously blogging more frequently wasn't one of my new year's resolutions. But life has been nice and normal around our house with the exception of James' first lie (or least the first one that I've caught!). It wasn't anything huge but he was in the bathroom and I heard him playing with nail scissors (he has played with them before and gotten in trouble). I tried to open the door but it was locked (something else he's not allowed to do) so I pounded on the door and told him to unlock it. I heard him throw the scissors in the drawer and slam it shut. And then he unlocked the door and opened it and I asked him if he was playing with the scissors and he firmly shook his head and said "nope". I tried to explain to him that when I ask him a question he needs to tell me what happened and not lie. I think he understood as well as a 2-year-old can, but we will probably work on this a little more in the future.

So as for some home repairs and decorating (there have been many and will be many more -- its been a fun process) I've been wanting to put of curtains in our downstairs for about a year now, but Brian wanted to wait until after we painted.... which has yet to happen. Brian and I had a bet -- I don't even remember what it was about -- but of course I was right and my prize was curtains! So this weekend Brian put them up with his "subcontractor" James. I love how James is Brian's "little me". He loves to be just like his daddy!  I love the curtains (don't mind the wrinkles -- I need to steam them) and they make our house feel more homey and put-together. I think we will still paint at some future date, but I'm done waiting for other things around it! 








No comments:

Post a Comment