Wednesday, March 7, 2012

My "sucky" vacuum

I can't even begin to tell you how grossed out I am by my vacuum. I really debated even posting pictures of it because it's so vial! This accumulation was just from the last 2 or 3 days. I just don't understand how my house is this dirty! Maybe it's because this vacuum rocks! I love my Dyson Ball (Thanks honey!)


I mean it's my own family's filth and dirtiness, so you'd think it wouldn't gross me out as much. But it does! And don't get me started on having to clean it out - that is the nastiest part!

I try to convince myself that the dirtiness must still be from the people that lived here before us, because there is no way my house could have gotten that dirty in just a few short days from the last time I vacuumed! (But I do blame some of the dirt and sand on the backyard project because that tracks in a lot of stuff.)

This year I've been into the show Monk. Great show! I've always considered myself an organized and cleanly person but I think Adrian Monk is really onto something. His cleaning and organizing habits are yes, necrotic, but quite insightful. So much so that I have been trying to incorporate them into my household. (Much to Brian's dismay - he just thinks I'm a little crazy.)

So what if I like to keep my laundry room looking like this?


I think it's wonderful! And every week I tackle new projects. Last week I organized all the DVDs (but now that I think of it I am going to have to redo those because they are not alphabetized...) I guess I try to control the entropy in my house by controlling other aspects of my house! Housekeeping is a constant battle (especially with James and Brian wrecking havoc on things)!

3 comments:

  1. That's totally awesome! I think doing one project at a time is much more manageable than tackling the whole house. Plus, you may not be "crazy" for too long, so take advantage of when you are :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exacty! You have to seize those cleaning urges when you have them? Charisse. Have you had any pregnancy nesting urges? I had tons of those!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love good vacuums! The thing that drives me crazy is now all the hair it picks up...there's only one person to blame and it's me. My own hair grosses me out. I used to always blame my sisters and roommates, haha.

    ReplyDelete