Tuesday, October 11, 2011

So grown up

Lately James has been acting so grown up! He clearly wants to be very independent and do things all on his own. For instance he insists on going down the stairs facing them straight on, but fortunately for James' safety, I am much more insistent (just ask Brian!) and I make him face them backwards and crawl down. He is also getting better at letting me know what he wants. Just like a mentioned in my last posting about the fridge and how he lets me know he wants something from it, lately he also panics if we are driving and he sees a park. He will make a lot of noise and whine to let me know that he wants to go play at the park. I think we need to work on his communication and learn some words instead of just whining. But I figure that will come in time. It is just so much fun to see this little guy grow up. Here are a few pictures from last week when I did respond to his "request" to go to the park. (Also note that he's wearing shoes! I think he realizes he gets more freedom - like walking when we are in public - if he wears them.)






3 comments:

  1. Your hair is getting so long! I love it! And James is as cute as ever. I can't believe how big he's getting! Tell him to stop growing up so fast, would ya...?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kate! I know he is just getting so big! But he's stubborn just like me! I hope you and Chad are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So I think these pic are the first time I have ever seen shoes on the little guy! It seems so wrong to hide those chubby little feet! Cute boy.

    ReplyDelete