Monday, October 17, 2011

DIY - Christina the Carpenter

Now that we have a house I have become more invested in decorating and the furniture we get and so on. I saw this bookshelf on HGTV that you can make!


I convinced Brian that we should do it and make it a fun project that we do together. I've been wanting to learn how to use a sander and a drill and becoming more handy around the house, so this seemed like a perfect way to teach me the basics.

So far we've pre-drilled the holes in the wood, sanded the edges, and tested the color stain we are considering.




Next we will stain and protect the wood and then screw it all together. We are adapting the plans a little because the bookshelf above uses really cool, refurbished wood which doesn't really exist in Vegas because there are no trees so we just bought wood from Home Depot. I hope ours ends up looking at least a little bit like the professional one, but if not we had a fun time and I learned how to use some tools. I'll post the end result, but only if it looks decent! Wish us luck!


2 comments:

  1. That looks like a lot of fun! Way to try something new :). Also, "Christina the Carpenter" has a nice ring to it, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey that looks like a great project! Can't wait to see how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete