Saturday, December 10, 2011

Eat Fresh

Since we've been married, Brian and I don't usually eat out. One reason is to save money (that's the big one), but also because we can make healthier and yummier food at home. It's funny adjusting to marriage (even after three years) because I come from a family that eats out a few times a month. And Brian's family goes out to eat on birthdays or other significant events. But occasionally we will splurge, and when we do, you can find us at.... Subway! Wild, I know! We love it and we pile on tons of veggies. **We love it so much that one of Brian's dreams is to open a Subway next to his law firm.




And here is a throwback picture of Brian and me at Subway when we were engaged in 2008. So romantic!



**And owning a law firm is also a goal of ours down the road. I like the idea of owning the two businesses together because then Brian and his clients and have a healthy lunch. I remember watching a show on PBS several years ago that was about the most famous and best hot dog restaurants in the USA. And one of these hot dog places was owned by an attorney that give free legal advise one day a week in an office attached to the restaurant and I just loved that idea. I think we should incorporate (pun intended) a similar service where Brian could give back and provide free legal advice too.  

6 comments:

  1. i love James'(we aren't sure about the punctuation here) hair! I knew he would be so cute with a fauxhawk! like fae haha! i can't wait for you guys to come visit! I'm so excited my mom even invited you for chrismas breakfast :) oh and I love subway too, mostly because they let me have honey mustard AND mayo on my sandwiches. haha
    -erica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does Fae rock a fauxhawk? That's awesome! (I usually type James' because it looks neater, but I pronounce it James's.) And I am excited for Christmas breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Christina! This is Sarah used-to-be-Wanlass, Lizzy, Emily and Lauren's cuz. I just came across your blog when you posted the link of facebook...I'm avoiding chores. It's fun to see pics of your cute family.

    I laughed when I read about how the only thing you feared about motherhood is the mess of children. That is me too. I dread giving my kids some foods, fill their cups with small amounts of liquid in case of spills (I'd rather refill than wipe up milk), etc. I have to recommend this style of bib: http://www.amazon.com/Baby-Bjorn-Soft-Pack-Blue/dp/B00197ZLGG/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1323574892&sr=8-7 They have saved us from spills many a time if your toddler will keep them on. I train mine to.

    As for tantrums about food, I teach mine to sign please early. I will just use their hand to make the sign saying please, then give them what they want quickly before they scream. Hopefully, you aren't dealing with that much any more. Also, every kid has a bad day. And good for you for not yelling. It probably wouldn't have helped anyway. I think you handled it great. Removal from the situation is always what I turn to when at all possible.

    Anyway, that's my two cents. It was fun to see what you are up to. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I'm glad you found our blog because now I can follow yours! I'm glad to see you are doing well. And your three girls are too cute. I can't believe how much your oldest girl looks so much like you! Thanks for the advice too. We can sure use it these days. James is getting very opinionated very fast!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Teenta you are adorable. I love all your posts! Also, I got your Christmas card-- WOW you are so gorgeous! Seriously, it's not fair. Love you, James and Brian! Miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Kate! You are so nice! I hope you can get into your new, awesome house soon!!! I can't wait to see the finished pictures!

    ReplyDelete