Friday, April 25, 2014

Random Facts

Most of our blog entries are kid-centric so I thought it might be fun to do a different kind of blog entry. Here are just some random, boring or maybe interesting facts about Brian and me.


Christina
  1. Every night I take a bath and listen to the Dave Ramsey podcast.
  2. I wear high heels almost everyday.
  3. My name was Amy until I was about a month old and my parents had my name legally changed to Christina.
  4. I never drink juice or sugar soda.
  5. Since I've had kids, besides driving I don't do anything that has high physical risk, e.g., skiing, hiking, skydiving, and I always wear a life vest if I'm forced on a boat! 
  6. I don't have a smart phone and I hate even having a cell phone and I never answer it but I take it with me in case of emergency and I sometimes text.
  7. I got married at nineteen. 
  8. I hate wash cloths in the kitchen or to clean the house with. I prefer to use (and waste) paper towels for all cleaning. 
  9. I don't like to be surprised, so I buy for Brian all of my birthday, anniversary, and Christmas gifts.
  10. I wish I knew how to grill.
  11. I hate horror movies and even the previews make me terrified.
  12. I know how to play the piano but I hate to play for people and prefer to play when I'm all alone.
  13. I hate doing arts and crafts.
  14. My favorite song of all time: John Rutter's A Gaelic Blessing.
  15. I'm not shy and often lack discretion. (Which makes me fun!)
  16. I want to start a beauty and fashion blog/YouTube channel, but I've been too scared to do it.
  17. I am not a morning person, but I wish I was. I love the idea of everyday waking up early, going for a morning run, then getting my Diet Coke fountain drink at the gas station, and getting showered and dressed all before 7 AM. But I'm lucky if I roll out of bed before 8 AM, with none of those things done!
  18. The nicest thing I own is a Dolce & Gabbana evening coat.
  19. I love to go thrift shopping and I got that Dolce & Gabbana coat for $10 at a thrift store.
  20. I can't whistle in tune.
  21. I cannot drive standard and at this point I refuse to learn.
  22. I would love to go to law school once all my kids are in all day school.
  23. I love to wear leather and fur and all black.
  24. I let Brian believe I was going to dump him only to soften the blow when I told him I have a balanced translocation.
  25. The perfume I wear the most is Chanel Coco Mademoiselle.
  26. My favorite scripture: "Be still, and know that I am God." Psalm 46:10.
  27. I don't believe in horoscopes. I love the quote from Stacy in Phineas and Ferb when she says: "I am a woman of science, at least that's what my horoscope said."
  28. If I'm having a really bad day buying a Diet Coke from tap and a new lipstick help lift my mood.
  29. I love fresh, new school supplies and I get so excited when school starts again in the Fall and I'm jealous of all the little elementary age kids with their new shoes and backpacks filled with new pencils, notebooks and folders as they file onto the school bus.


Brian
  1. My favorite author is William Shakespeare.
  2. My favorite Shakespeare work is The Merchant of Venice.
  3. I am good at making paper airplanes.
  4. I am a probate and guardianship attorney. 
  5. My life goal is to become a judge.
  6. I lived in Quebec Canada for two years where I served a LDS mission.
  7. I am pretty decent at drawing on an Etch-O-Sketch.
  8. If I'm not wearing my dress shoes, I'm wearing my Rainbows, year round.
  9. My favorite movie is Life is Beautiful.
  10. I enjoy construction and would love to build a house someday.
  11. My grandmother was born in Mexico so our family recipes have some Mexican flare and I can make yummy beef enchiladas.
  12. I speak French fluently.
  13. Christina proposed to me after six weeks of dating, and I of course said yes!
  14. I'm related to Mitt Romney, he is my second cousin once removed.
  15. I've meet and chatted with Zachary Levi. He assumed I was a Chuck fan, but at the time I'd never even heard of the show and I said I knew him from the movie Shades of Ray (NOT to be confused with 50 Shades of Grey) and he was surprised because the movie was a small, low budget film (A really good movie by the way!)
  16. I used to flip furniture on Craigslist to pay for rent and utilities.
  17. I have a goal to build a cabin near Cedar City and I hope to have it nice enough that I can get Christina to go to it.
  18. I had Bell's Palsy as a teenager.
  19. I was homecoming king in high school.
  20. I've learned everything I know about women from Phil Dunphy.
  21. I love Dwight Shrute from The Office. My favorite quote from him: "Before I do anything I ask myself  'Would an idiot do that?' And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing."
  22. I've lived in Vegas for four years and I've never gambled.
  23. I love modern medicine and the miracles it has brought to my family, but I can't stand working with doctors, luckily my wife is really good at that!
  24. My wife is embarrassed by this, but I enjoy rollerblading.
  25. My wife and I were married in Boston, Massachusetts.
  26. When we have a spare garage my dream is to restore a 1969 Corvette.
  27. I can't remember the last time I had the hiccups, but it has been years.
  28. I love Netflix and I plan to never have cable television.
  29. I am a very loyal In-N-Out and Costco fan.
  30. I am ridiculously good at Super Smash Brothers on N64. (It's almost embarrassing, I must have played a lot as a kid)


4 comments:

  1. Christina- I love your sense of style and always admire what you're wearing at church on Sundays! You should totally do a fashion/beauty blog!
    Brian- I had Bells Palsy as a teenager. It was a terrible experience! I'm sorry for anyone that has to go through that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You giys are awesome. It is a joy and adventure getting to know the both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this! you and I are opposite on most everything :) maybe that's why we are friends?? Love, Erica

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this whole post! I know, it was posted a while ago, but it's still just as entertaining! I am SO jealous that Brian met Zachary Levi..I love him! And I had no clue your name was Amy at one point! haha. You are definitely more of a Christina :)

    ReplyDelete