Sunday, March 13, 2011

A Pleasant Surprise

Have you ever had house guests that come and stay and eat all your food and leave you a mess to clean up? I think most people have. This may sound terrible, but I tend to expect the worst of guests and then in turn I won’t be annoyed when I am left dealing with guests who are inconsiderate and bathrooms to clean.

This past weekend we had some college girls that were friends of family come and stay with us who we didn’t know. They were visiting Vegas for the BYU tournament and needed a place to stay. I was skeptical how respectful college kids would be with my baby’s nap schedule, (mine too for that matter) and I worried about if I needed to feed them like every meal for 4 days.

But they were great and so nice! I was impressed with how courteous and grateful they were during their stay. They were quiet when they came home late, and they chatted over breakfast. I was especially surprised by some thoughtful gifts they left for us: A nice card, a bottle of Diet Coke on the counter.


I guess they noticed it’s my favorite—maybe it was the picture I have framed of it in my kitchen. Nope, not a joke.


And in the card it said there was something in the freezer which was some Fat Boys. (Which I don’t like, but I kept calling this bowling ally in Provo Fat Boys which name is really Fat Cats—I guess they thought it was funny…or dumb.)

 

So all of this to say, is that it’s really nice to be pleasantly surprised! 

4 comments:

  1. WOAH. Your house guests were WAY better than ours! Ours drank all our food, played ping pong and fooseball until 2 am and did NOT leave a thank-you.

    Those girls need to teach those boys a lesson! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oops Sorry my computer keeps messing up! Didn't mean to delete the comment. But Cami feel free to come and get some milk from us, and of course some chocolate syrup!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What nice guests! And the framed picture of the diet coke cracks me up!

    ReplyDelete